- Do you know any couples who have to cope with fertility problems?
- Would you like to give them a helping hand so that they too can experience the joy of parenthood?
- Then become a candidate-donor.
What conditions does a candidate-donor have to meet?
As a candidate-donor, you must meet the following conditions:
- You are between 21 and 35 years of age.
- You have no relevant health problems.
- There are no relevant genetic conditions in your family. We will ask you for this information in a questionnaire and during the consultation with the physician.
Keep in mind that egg donation may involve risks and side effects. Under Belgian law, egg donation is in principle anonymous, meaning that neither the donor nor the prospective parents and their child(ren) receive information about each other. Under no circumstances may the fertility centre pass on data to the various parties involved. Known donation is also an option, in which case the prospective parents know each other and decide for themselves what to tell the child, and when.